cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [cocoon-2.2.x] - How to trace what is going on
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2007 11:29:44 GMT
xweber pisze:

> Ok, I got something to look up for. Docs are not that clear for me (in the
> first time), so here is a howto for whoever may want to get in same problem:
>
> create a "properties" subfolder in your block:
> myBlock1/src/main/resources/META-INF/cocoon/properties
>
> create a new file in that folder that should have as ending ".properties"
> e.g.
>  settings.properties
>
> inside that file let's have the line:
> org.apache.cocoon.log4j.loglevel=debug
>
> That's it - too easy once you know it.
>
> now you will have really detailed information in:
> myBlock1/target/work/log/log4j.log

Thanks for sharing the instructions. I must admit that I did know precisely how to configure
logging. I put your instructions here:
http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs-core/g6/1399.html

> I also noticed some exceptions on running  (but only visible in log) ->
> btpool0-1 DEBUG xml.DefaultNamespaceHandlerResolver - Ignoring handler
> [org.springframework.ejb.config.JeeNamespaceHandler]: class not found
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> org.springframework.ejb.config.JeeNamespaceHandler
> btpool0-1 DEBUG xml.DefaultNamespaceHandlerResolver - Ignoring handler
> [org.springframework.transaction.config.TxNamespaceHandler]: class not found
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> org.springframework.transaction.config.TxNamespaceHandler
> btpool0-1 DEBUG xml.DefaultNamespaceHandlerResolver - Ignoring handler
> [org.springframework.scripting.config.LangNamespaceHandler]: class not found
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> org.springframework.scripting.config.LangNamespaceHandler
>
> is it something I have to worry about?

If it's only visible at DEBUG-level it probably is not harmful that much. I only wonder if
class not found exceptions would not become a
performance bottleneck but I'm not really sure. If someone is going to investigate a performance
problems it is a thing to look at.

> PS: just for the record:
> First I tried to get debug logging enabled in "block" with using the
> spring-configurator. Having this configured as it would be done in "webapp"
> will let mvn jetty:run to stuck at startup. Is it normal behavior or should
> this work and this is a possible bug?

I don't know what you mean by saying "having this configured as it would be done in webapp".
Could you explain?

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski