cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Vaduvoiu Tiberiu <vaduvoiut...@yahoo.com>
Subject cocoon and ajax url path
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2007 07:10:20 GMT
Hi, I'm trying to use a ajax function to load an xml...the function is one that is frequently
used/presented in ajax tutorials:

function loadXMLDoc(url)
{
    // branch for native XMLHttpRequest object
    if (window.XMLHttpRequest) {
        req = new XMLHttpRequest();
        req.onreadystatechange = processReqChange;
        req.open("GET", url, true);
        req.send(null);
    // branch for IE/Windows ActiveX version
    } else if (window.ActiveXObject) {
        req = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP");
        if (req) {
            req.onreadystatechange = processReqChange;
            req.open("GET", url, true);
            req.send();
        }
    }
}

this pretty much works on static sites in html but as I am using cocoon, I am having problem
giving the url of the xml...
in xslt i am using something like this to load an xml or to display a certain value from an
xml:

document(concat('cocoon:/','preview','/',folder1/folder2/,file.xml))/root/node

but in ajax if try calling loadXMLDoc(cocoon:/preview/folder1/folder2/file.xml) surely enough
it doesn't work. So has anyone had similar problem and found any solution? 10x