cocoon-users mailing list archives

From xweber <xweber.a...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [cocoon-2.2.x] - javax.servlet.ServletException: No block for /favicon.ico
Date Sun, 15 Jul 2007 22:38:44 GMT

xweber wrote:

> Grzegorz Kossakowski-3 wrote:
>>
>> xweber pisze:
>>> with the samples build from daisy i cannot manage to have a favicon.
>>>
>>> javax.servlet.ServletException: No block for /favicon.ico
>>>
>>> as message appears with mvn jetty:run from a Block or a webapp.
>>>
>>> Any hints to get this icon with sitemap?
>>
>> It's only my guess but I think you have to just mount your block at "/"
>> and have "favicon.ico" match in sitemap. You can
>> change mount path in
>> src/main/resources/META-INF/cocoon/spring/servlet-service.xml file.
>>

>> Hope that helps.
>>
>> --
>> Grzegorz Kossakowski

> Hi Grzegorz,
>
> no the behavior is in both cases (with mountpath / or mountpath /myBlock1)
>
> <servlet:context mount-path="/myBlock1"
> context-path="blockcontext:/myBlock1/">
>
> the /favicon.ico request is initiated by the browser if no "special"
> favicon is defines inside html header section.
>
> Alex

if you define a favicon.ico in html, then the pipleline from block
(myBlock1) is processed. If not handled in sitemap.xmap the error message
changes to
javax.servlet.ServletException: org.apache.cocoon.ResourceNotFoundException:
No pipeline matched request: favicon.ico

so you can build a pipleline for that case.

Alex