cocoon-users mailing list archives

From xweber <xweber.a...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [cocoon-2.2.x] - How to trace what is going on
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2007 12:44:07 GMT

Grzegorz Kossakowski-3 wrote:

>> I also noticed some exceptions on running  (but only visible in log) ->
>> btpool0-1 DEBUG xml.DefaultNamespaceHandlerResolver - Ignoring handler
>> [org.springframework.ejb.config.JeeNamespaceHandler]: class not found
>> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
>> org.springframework.ejb.config.JeeNamespaceHandler
>> btpool0-1 DEBUG xml.DefaultNamespaceHandlerResolver - Ignoring handler
>> [org.springframework.transaction.config.TxNamespaceHandler]: class not
>> found
>> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
>> org.springframework.transaction.config.TxNamespaceHandler
>> btpool0-1 DEBUG xml.DefaultNamespaceHandlerResolver - Ignoring handler
>> [org.springframework.scripting.config.LangNamespaceHandler]: class not
>> found
>> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
>> org.springframework.scripting.config.LangNamespaceHandler
>>
>> is it something I have to worry about?
>
> If it's only visible at DEBUG-level it probably is not harmful that much.
> I only wonder if class not found exceptions would not become a
> performance bottleneck but I'm not really sure. If someone is going to
> investigate a performance problems it is a thing to look at.

All this 3 execptions will happen on each click - from timestaps they will
not consume that much time, but maybe it would be better if a property
setting will adjust what classes has to be looked at and which not. So the
whole lookup part could be run faster.

>> PS: just for the record:
>> First I tried to get debug logging enabled in "block" with using the
>> spring-configurator. Having this configured as it would be done in
>> "webapp"
>> will let mvn jetty:run to stuck at startup. Is it normal behavior or
>> should
>> this work and this is a possible bug?
>
> I don't know what you mean by saying "having this configured as it would
> be done in webapp". Could you explain?

webapp for me is maven archtype=webapp. Then the steps described here:
http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs-spring-configurator/g1/1303.html

So what i did was with a archetype=block I have put in the
myBlock1/target/classes/META-INF/cocoon/spring/servlet-service.xml
 those lines.

Now a "mvn jetty:run" will stuck right before the line "INFO:  Apache Cocoon
Spring Configurator v1.0.0 is running in mode 'dev'."

Alex