cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Robin Rigby" <ro...@gondolier.org.uk>
Subject RE: may not be this project's POM
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2007 21:49:10 GMT
Yes, Firefox and IE both read it OK.  I still get the 403 error with wget
and, of course, with Maven.

Is there a way to save it and configure Maven to use it locally?  Or should
I go look for a Maven mailing list?

Robin Rigby
robin@gondolier.org.uk
http://www.gondolier.org.uk
07785 765017

-----Original Message-----
From: Grzegorz Kossakowski [mailto:gkossakowski@apache.org]
Sent: 18 July 2007 22:16
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Re: may not be this project's POM

Robin Rigby pisze:
> Grzegorz
>
> Well, here is the whole stack trace.  I have a plain domestic firewall.  I
> tried this:
>
>> wget http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/apache/4/apache-4.pom
>
> and got ERROR 403: Forbidden.  What reason could there be?

I've just tried to download this file with wget and got the same error.
However, Firefox downloads it just fine. I suspect that its a simple
Maven folks protection against stupid people that try download whole mirror
using wget and in consequence soaking a lot of bandwidth.

Could you try to download using Firefox?
After looking at Maven's output, I really think that this issue is truly
low-level as some proxy blocking traffic or firewall issue.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski