cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Ron McNulty" <rmcnu...@xtra.co.nz>
Subject Re: Removing xmlns: declarations from HTML
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2007 10:17:03 GMT
Hi Ard

>> You just mean namespaces? Take a look at the StripNameSpaceTransformer,

I found this transformer and tried it, but it appears to just remove namespace prefixes by
overriding the startPrefixMapping and endPrefixMapping methods to do nothing (as described
in the FAQ).

But I want to remove namespace declarations, like xmlns:fi="http://apache.org/cocoon/forms/1.0#instance",
which are present in the original <page> base element, and get copied through to the
output HTML.

As I mentioned earlier, the Cocoon 2.1.10 forms block examples also exhibit this behaviour.
Do other forms block users just live with the "proprietary attribute" warning thrown by the
W3C HTML validator?

Regards

Ron