cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: Cocoon database access strategy
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2007 10:07:02 GMT
Hello,

>This leads to start writing
> code before
> > the problem is fully understood and a reluctance to
> refactor once it
> > is. These are the very tendencies that Cocoon allows us to overcome
> > because it is entirely possible to develop fully fledged
> applications
> > without writing any Java code. These 'pure' XML applications are
> > likely to be much more maintainable, flexible and capable of re-use
> > than those that skew their centre of gravity back towards Java.

I can hardly believe everybody seems to take this statement for granted (jdo and jcr APIs
are ofcourse totally redundant since you can write your own fine sql statements, and of course,
sql is a brilliant strong specification, so when you have it running for oracle, you can switch
automatically without effort  to mysql, derby, hsqldb, sql server)...anyway, if everybody
wants to write sql, do many xsl transformations and take the burden of maintaining sql statements,
be my guest :-)

Regards Ard