cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Urs Iwert" <urs.iw...@sysinf.ch>
Subject Re: xpointers work in 2.0, but not in 2.1
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2007 11:02:04 GMT
Hello Jason,

The namespace needs to be defined like

<xsl:attribute name="href">
  prefs.xml#xmlns(sec=http://.../...)xpointer(/sec:title/sec:subtitle)</xsl:attribute>

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Jason Johnston [mailto:cocoon@lojjic.net]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 21. Februar 2007 02:24
An: users@cocoon.apache.org
Betreff: Re: xpointers work in 2.0, but not in 2.1

Stefan Shoeman wrote:
> Hello *,
>
> i have an old application, which works fine with Cocoon 2.0. It uses
> xpointers (in combination with xinclude) to define special parts in a
> xml-document. For example:
>

> <xsl:attribute
> name="href">prefs.xml#xpointer(/sec:title/sec:subtitle)</xsl:attribute
> >

> In Cocoon 2.1.9 / 2.1.10 this doesn't work. XInclude runs fine, but
> not the xpointers.
>
> I've only seen a major change, concerning xpointer, in the changelog
> of 2.1.10.
> But with 2.1.9 it's the same problem...

Yes there was a change to xpointer handling in the XIncludeTransformer for 2.1.10 to bring
it into compliance with the spec, but the old non-conformant behavior was left in (and deprecated)
for compatibility so it should still work for the time being.

My first guess would be a namespace issue... how is the 'sec' namespace prefix declared?
Does declaring it with a xmlns() xpointer part help?