cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Bruce Atherton <br...@callenish.com>
Subject Re: Deploying Cocoon as a Portlet into Jetspeed 2
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2007 04:05:23 GMT
The struggle continues.

The resolution to my last post was to do an XSL transform on all
"action" URLs to prepend "portlet:action:" and to strip off the servlet
path altogether, since the portal container provides it from the entry
in portlet.xml (I believe).

Now my problem is that my hibernate OpenSessionInViewFilter is never
called when accessing cocoon as a portlet. This is because there are no
equivalent portlet filters defined by JSR-168 (although they are
apparently coming in JSR-268). The Spring Web Framework gets around this
by wrapping its web processing with an OpenSessionInViewInterceptor.

So my question is a rather basic Cocoon one. Is there a way to configure
Cocoon to basically do the equivalent of a Servlet Filter without using
a Servlet Filter? IOW, to wrap Cocoon.process(env) so that on entry it
always calls a preprocess() type method, and on exit (no matter how it
exits), to always call a postprocess() type method?

I imagine the answer is "yes" since Cocoon 2.1 predates Servlet filters
and has all that funky Avalon stuff, I'm just uncertain how to do it.
The alternative is to write my own ManagedCocoonPortlet and wrap the
processAction() and render() methods with the equivalent Hibernate
Session creation and destruction that OpenSessionInView does. But that
solution seems rather clunky to me.

Does anyone have any suggestions?