cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Bruce Atherton <br...@callenish.com>
Subject Re: Deploying Cocoon as a Portlet into Jetspeed 2
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2007 22:50:45 GMT
Continuing my saga of trying to get a Cocoon application deployed as a
JSR-168 servlet into Jetspeed, I am experiencing the following odd
behaviour:

When I call getServletPath() from a page that is called by the portal
container, it returns without a leading slash. The exact same page when
accessed through cocoon as a servlet results in getServletPath()
returning WITH a leading slash. The lack of the leading slash is causing
the EncodeURLTransformer to fail.

To be clear, I deploy a webapp called "myapp" with a portlet
"myportlet". The root sitemap has:

    <map:match pattern="myportlet">
      <map:mount check-reload="yes" src="myapp/portlet-sitemap.xmap"
uri-prefix="myportlet"/>
    </map:match>
    <map:match pattern="myportlet/**">
      <map:mount check-reload="yes" src="myapp/portlet-sitemap.xmap"
uri-prefix="myportlet"/>
    </map:match>

The portlet-sitemap.xmap has:

      <map:match pattern="">
        <map:call function="displayServletPath"/>
      </map:match>

The WEB-INF/portlet.xml has:

    <init-param>
      <name>servlet-path</name>
      <value>myportlet</value>
    </init-param>

I also tried changing the value to "/myportlet" but it had no effect.

The displayServletPath flowscript function displays a form that outputs
the value of the expression ${cocoon.request.getServletPath()}. When
accessing http://localhost:8080/myapp/myportlet/, getServletPath()
returns "/myportlet". When accessed through the portal, it returns
"myportlet".

Has anyone got any suggestions as to why that is occurring and how to
get around it? Could it have anything to do with the issues raised in
this blog entry? http://bluxte.net/blog/2006-03/29-40-33.html

Again, any help appreciated.