cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Jan-Willem Boer" <jb...@be-value.nl>
Subject Re: catalog and xslt document() function
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2007 09:20:46 GMT
Alexander Daniel schreef:
> I don't know direct answers to your questions but I can recommend a
> different approach:
>
> Instead of using the XSLT document() function you could use the
> Include transformer
> (org.apache.cocoon.transformation.IncludeTransformer) which also
> supports caching. We use it successfully in our project.
>
> Alex

We do use the cinclude transformer in the same project. But in this case
i need to check the contents of the document before it can be included.
This would require a few extra steps if we would use the cinclude
transformer so that option is not preferable over the xpath document
function.

For example:
<xsl:variable name="doc" select="document(@path)"/>
<xsl:if test="$doc/some-element">
  <xsl:copy-of select="$doc"/>

I think the XSLT processor should be aware of the catalog file in this
case.

Jan Willem