cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: About Client side Javascript in Cform
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2007 20:30:55 GMT
On 19.06.2007 10:12, Tobia wrote:

> In fact I've noticed that the number of client-side javascript files
> (not their complexity or size, so much as their number) referenced to by
> Cocoon forms has a considerable impact on page load time.

But if set up correctly with the appropriate response headers this
should only happen on the first access. Afterwards the files should be
taken from the browser's cache. Actually they can be cached quite
aggressively.

And that's the point where all the optimizations can even be
counterproductive. Collecting the parts you actually need for the page
and merging them makes them individual for that page (or a group of
pages) and the files need to be retrieved for every actual combination
of them.

If size and whitespace matter why not just gzipping them?

Joerg