cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: About Client side Javascript in Cform
Date Mon, 18 Jun 2007 22:27:41 GMT
Jason Johnston pisze:

> (At the risk of adding more confusion regarding our names... ;-) )

;-)

> Yes!  I'll give it a shot.  I actually implemented a similar Reader a
> while back based on Dean Edwards' Packer [1].  I'll see how ShrinkSafe
> compares and see about getting one or the other committed.  Where would
> be the best place for it?  Core?  AJAX block?

Are you going to provide it for Cocoon 2.2? I guess it's only sensible option because 2.1.x
will switch to maintence
mode really soon.

I was thinking about some _transformer_ that seeks HTML stream in order to gather all <script
src=".."/> occurrences and
replaces it with one looking like this:
<script src="cocoon-assembly-[radnom_characters_here].js"/>
and "magically" creates this assembly file consisting of all files referenced by HTML stream.
It would work for Dojo
because we could try to integrate Dojo's build system:
http://dojotoolkit.org/book/dojo-book-0-4/part-6-customizing-dojo-builds-better-performance/dojo-build-system/creating-cust

I'm not sure how much effort is needed in order to achieve Cocoon producing Dojo's distribution
on-the-fly but it would
be even more great than just integrating ShrinkSafe.

Thoughts? Do you think that such functionality would be worth the effort?

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski