cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Redirect at the end of a form
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2007 06:56:39 GMT
On 04.06.2007 15:26, Tobia wrote:

>> When the user hits refresh on the confirmation page, the database
>> operations will be skipped and the confirmation displayed again.
>
> Interesting, I had not thought of putting the flag variable in the main
> flowscript function.
>
> Although one advantage of the redirect is that the user can refresh
> smoothly, without any warning message.  In some browsers, when you
> refresh a page that was gotten through a POST, you get an alert about
> resending the form data.

And what happens when he uses the browser's back button? Don't you end
up executing the db operations again? That's why I don't like that
"pattern". It fixes one particular symptom but not the actual issue. IMO
only invalidating the continuation helps. But then I wonder how one
could claim "continuations are fixing the browser's back button" since
you actually disable it. I might overlook something but it seems both
can't address the issue completely.

Joerg