cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: Processing checkboxes from a form via flowscript
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2007 09:45:09 GMT
Baptiste

Thanks for this helpful info.  Do you have a snippet of Javascript code
whereby you process the values returned from the form; something
like:
form.getChild("textbox").getValue();

Thanks
Derek

>>> Baptiste Placé <bonka@free.fr> 2007/05/31 02:06:53 PM >>>

Hi Derek,

In my flowscript, I use following code to store form values in a HashMap :

function fill_formData(){
    formData = new java.util.HashMap();
    formData.put("typeNode", form.getChild("SO_ST_selection").getValue());
    formData.put("tyappli", form.getChild("procedure_type").getValue());
    formData.put("level1", form.getChild("Level1").getValue());
    formData.put("level2", form.getChild("Level2").getValue() );
    formData.put("textbox", form.getChild("textbox").getValue());
}

My form consist of two selection lists, two checkboxes (level 1 and 2)
and a textbox. I test the value in Java but you may do it in flowscript
(although I would not do that :) )
My checkboxes are boolean fields, it contains standard true/false values.

You may use the API for more information :
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/apidocs/org/apache/cocoon/forms/flow/java/FormInstance.html
and
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/apidocs/org/apache/cocoon/forms/formmodel/Widget.html
Widget methods like getId and getFullName exist.

Hope this will help.

-Baptiste

Derek Hohls a écrit :
> Cocoon 2.1.8
>
> I'm using flowscript to create a form, that consists of variable
> number
> of checkboxes:
>
>    var theForm = new Form("cocoon:/myform-create.xml");
>     theForm.showForm("rep/myform-display");
>     var nmodel = theForm.getModel();
>     var theValues = Array();
>
> Now I need to process all the checkboxes and do the following:
> * test if the ID matches a certain pattern AND checkbox is checked
> * extract the value of the checkbox name
> * store the result in the "theValues" array
>
> I'd appreciate any pointers to sample code on how to do this.
>
> Thanks
> Derek

views of the CSIR.

CSIR E-mail Legal Notice