cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject RE: Cocoon Forms vs. JSF
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2007 07:07:47 GMT
Christian

But we are in the business of XML... and getting to grips
with a (relative simply) new schema is hardly a "new technology".
And Javascript is probably the most commonly used language
on the web.  I can't agree these represent a major learning
curve.

But we digress from the topic.  I would certainly like to learn more
about how JSF compares and operates.  Each new idea can
spark off others - as per this quote from Peter Norvig:

"Homogeneity is great for milk, but not for ideas."
http://www.norvig.com/lancet.html

Derek

>>> "Christian Schlichtherle" <christian@schlichtherle.de> 2007/06/04
04:56:23 PM >>>

Hi,

>  And there are only really two technologies here: XML/XSLT
> and Javascript.  But if you
>
> don't know either of these, then I agree that Cocoon can be
> difficult to assimilate...

Wait a minute - a form definition uses a different XML schema than the
view
template and the sitemap and the Flowscript is even an entirely
different
language. That's a mix of four schemes/grammars for one form and you
have to
know all of them.

Kind regards,
Christian