cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Tobia <tobia.confo...@linux.it>
Subject Re: About Client side Javascript in Cform
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2007 08:12:24 GMT
Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
> I was thinking about some _transformer_ that seeks HTML stream in
> order to gather all <script src=".."/> occurrences and replaces it
> with one looking like this: <script src="cocoon-assembly-
> [radnom_characters_here].js"/> and "magically" creates this assembly
> file consisting of all files referenced by HTML stream.
>
> Thoughts? Do you think that such functionality would be worth the
> effort?

I think so and I would certainly use it.

In fact I've noticed that the number of client-side javascript files
(not their complexity or size, so much as their number) referenced to by
Cocoon forms has a considerable impact on page load time.

I'm sure compressing the scripts with one of the free javascript
compressors and joining them into a single assembly file would speed up
page loading a lot.

Tobia