cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Christian Schlichtherle" <christ...@schlichtherle.de>
Subject RE: Discussion: Postponing XSL processing to browsers
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2007 16:23:21 GMT
Hi Philippe,

so far my results have been really great. I've written a complex style sheet
by now which does all the grouping/sorting using strict XSL 1.0 (no Ajax
yet). When the server detects an XSL-capable browser, it responds in about a
1/4 - 1/3 of the time, simply because it can serve the data from the cache
and is relieved from all the complex grouping/sorting.

Of course, one could do the grouping/sorting with Ajax, too. But this
approach still works even if Javascript is disabled and significantly
reduces the required bandwidth. And of course, nothing stops you from adding
Ajax to the stylesheet and hence the resulting (X)HTML.

Kind regards,
Christian