cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Christian Schlichtherle" <christ...@schlichtherle.de>
Subject RE: Cocoon Forms vs. JSF
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2007 15:21:31 GMT
Hi,

> This is because they describe different aspects of a form.

I appreciate this well (otherwise I wouldn't use Cocoon), but just wanted to
make clear that XML by itself is little more than a string tokenizer.
Without a DTD, Schema, or RELAX NG and the implied semantics an XML file
says nothing - not to a human and not to a machine.

I understand "Separation of Concerns" very well (this concept is not a
Cocoon invention), but I also think that I have to be careful not to do
"Disintegration into Irresponsibility" with my app.

Anyway, I give up my resistance and go on with Cocoon Forms. Now I'm
assimilated by the Cocoon Borg. :-)

Kind regards,
Christian