cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Christian Schlichtherle" <christ...@schlichtherle.de>
Subject Cocoon Forms vs. JSF
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2007 12:40:49 GMT
Hi,

I'm pretty new to Apache Cocoon, so this may be stupid question:

I've looked at Cocoon Forms and JSF. Regarding form processing, both seem to
be pretty equal in features - components, technology neutral, validation,
binding, etc.

Now I wonder why I should prefer Cocoon Forms over JSF. I don't need
continuations, so Flow doesn't matter to me.

The most important thing I figured so far is: With JSF, the output is always
serialized to text, whereas Cocoon Forms can be part of the SAX event
pipeline. So with JSF I would need to parse the output again if I want to
transform the generated XML.

Am I correct?

With best regards,
Christian Schlichtherle