cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Christian Schlichtherle" <christ...@schlichtherle.de>
Subject RE: About Client side Javascript in Cform
Date Mon, 18 Jun 2007 07:21:32 GMT
Hi,

> I have been thinking about similar functionality you
> describe. For a sign that it makes sense I suggest to take a
> look at Dojo's ShrinkSafe
> tool: http://dojotoolkit.org/docs/shrinksafe

it may be one of the best kept public secrets of XSLT, but a simple identity
transformation will do this, too. Since XSLT is ubiquitiously used within
Cocoon, there's plenty of options to integrate the identity transformation
in other transformations without adding another transformation step into a
pipeline. So I don't think an additional solution would be required. I think
the real missing link is an example in the documentation.

Here's how a complete script would look like:

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
  <!-- Identity transformation. -->
  <xsl:template match="@*|node()">
    <xsl:copy>