cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Martijn C. Vos" <m....@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: own attribute
Date Tue, 29 May 2007 11:49:37 GMT

Jasha Joachimsthal wrote:
>  Martijn C. Vos wrote:
>  > Amon wrote:
>  > >
>  > > Is there are way to add my own attribute to the fd:item
>  > element, let
>  > > say selected="selected" , which i can use in my xslt?
>  >
>  > I don't think you can do this in the form model (the file
>  > where everything has the fd: prefix), but you can pass
>  > anything you like in fi:styling in the template file.
>  >
>  > Stuff you do in XSLT is (or should be) styling, even when
>  > it's very complex styling, so it makes sense to put it there.
>  >

>  That shouldn't be necessary but it's a dirty and easy way to do the
>  trick.

Just to be absolutely clear here: using styling to set default values
is a Really Bad Idea. There are, however, lots of other valid reasons
for passing parameters to the styling XSL. My answer was intended
in those general terms, and certainly not as a justification for
passing selected="selected" in this way. That should indeed be done
in binding or with <fd:initial-value>foo</initial-value>.

mcv.