cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Jeff Sallade" <jeff.sall...@envworld.com>
Subject Forms Validator Number Format Exception
Date Thu, 31 May 2007 15:54:25 GMT
Hi, does anyone have some more specifics on how to use
the "form-validator" action with a descriptor file that
contains parameters having type="long" in conjuction
with the min and max attributes specified?

I have a parameter in my descriptor file as follows:

<parameter name="bl_consumer_groups.bill_copies"
  type="long" min="0" max="9999999999999999999999"
  nullable="yes" />

The data passed in as a request parameter is 1 and
the AbstractValidatorAction.AbstractValidatorAction method
is catching a NumberFormatException with the text,

For input string: "9999999999999999999999"

The log file message says,  "No type specified for parameter
bl_consumer_groups.bill_copies," and the method returns a
null value which causes a java.lang.NullPointerException to
halt the whole validation process.

How should the min and max values be formatted for long
datatypes?  Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff Sallade