cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Niels van Kampenhout <n.vankampenh...@hippo.nl>
Subject Incorrect JXPathContext in custom binding
Date Wed, 30 May 2007 12:04:49 GMT
Hi,

While upgrading an application from Cocoon 2.1.8 to the latest 2.1.X
branch, I encountered a problem with a custom binding class that used to
work correctly.

The class extends AbstractCustomBinding, and overrides the methods
"doLoad(Widget frmModel, JXPathContext context)" and "doSave(Widget
frmModel, JXPathContext context)". It binds a certain form field
(containing an XHTML fragment) to an element inside a DOM. While with
Cocoon 2.1.8 "context" would point to the correct specific element
inside the DOM, with Cocoon 2.1.10 it points to the root element, which
of course results in a corrupt document in the end.

Example:
In the binding definition the form field is bound to /root/body. But now
with Cocoon 2.1.10 the context points to /root instead of /root/body, so
I end up with my form field contents saved under the root element.

Has anyone seen this behaviour before?

Thanks,
Niels