cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: integrating wicket and cocoon
Date Sun, 27 May 2007 20:42:36 GMT
Luca Marrocco pisze:
> i have a trip in my mind. I want using wicket inside cocoon.
>
> a brief regression on cocoon wicket integration interest.. i'm a
> professional free software agile developer. My software factory use
> only free software or open source software for all development,
> testing and production stack. Our application is essentially based
> over cocoon (2.1.9) using a custom framework (around cform and
> flowscript, you anyone know was it) for controller development and
> client side interface. During this day we have interested to
> substitute cform (that is quite noise to development) and i want
> introduce the using of wicket instead it ;)

Would you like to explain us why you want to integrate Wicket? What are the benefits?

<snip/>

> the first two line is quite interesting:
> java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException
>       at
> org.apache.cocoon.servletservice.util.BlockCallHttpServletRequest.getLocale(BlockCallHttpServletRequest.java:160)

>       at
> wicket.protocol.http.servlet.ServletWebRequest.getLocale(ServletWebRequest.java:91)
>

> ?? wicket try to getLocale from BlockCallHttpServletRequest but it
> response with an exception that getLocale is no supported. ??

Take a look at:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/trunk/core/cocoon-servlet-service/cocoon-servlet-service-impl/src/main/java/org/apache/cocoon/servletservice/util/BlockCallHttpServletRequest.java

Especially:
/* (non-Javadoc)
  * @see javax.servlet.ServletRequest#getLocale()
  */
public Locale getLocale() {
   // TODO Implement this
}

As you see there is TODO mark. Servlet-service is a work-in-progress and there is a plenty
of work to have meaningful implementation of all
methods. Basically, we need to pass values from original request to the servlet request. Your
problem is similar to the one described here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-2066

I think we need to wait until Daniel (as he is a main author of servlet-service-fw) helps
to resolve COCOON-2066 so we'll know how to fix
your problem. Create an issue for your problem and we'll take care of it as soon as we'll
be able.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski