cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Reinhard Haller <reinhard.hal...@interactive-net.de>
Subject Re: Custom Cocoon 2.2 projects: Alternatives to Maven 2
Date Thu, 24 May 2007 06:07:35 GMT
Hi,

Carsten Ziegeler schrieb:
> Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
>> To sum up, if you really want to put effort into it could it be
>> assumed as only temporary solution that aims to make it easier to
>> migrate?
>>
> Hmm, no I don't think so :)
> Personally, I really love maven 2 and it works very well for a lot of
> our projects. It makes sense to use it for developing cocoon itself, but
> we should not force everyone who wants to do a cocoon project to use
> maven 2. This ain't gonna work.

sounds like we need a kind of installer to hide the complexity of maven
from the user. This way we reduce complexity without adding options with
the need of further support.

> You're right that we should not maintain all possible different ways,
> but we spend a lot of energy into 2.2 to make it independent from m2.

Is there a design decision to use maven as a base or not? If so then
go ahead and use it. If you want to get a new design decision, wait
until the next version is in the design phase.

Greetings
Reinhard