cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Baptiste Placé <bpl...@jouve.fr>
Subject Re: newbie question: benefits vs disadvantages of flowscript?
Date Wed, 16 May 2007 09:20:46 GMT
Hi Matthias,

Although I am no experienced cocoon user, I may change your question by
the following sentence :
What is missing the current cocoon application ? Does cocoon 2.1.x fill
the gap ?
You may have to evaluate the cost of using a scripting language, but
having JS as Flow interpreter is due to the lack of languages supporting
continuations (correct me if I am wrong).
Benefits of FlowScripts are well explained here :
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/flow/index.html

Moreover, JavaFlow exists in cocoon although I never used it. Have a
look on the apples block in the samples.

Hope this will help.
Baptiste