cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Dev at weitling <d...@weitling.net>
Subject Re: Binding "on-insert-row" is ignored
Date Sun, 13 May 2007 20:39:00 GMT

Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
> Dev at weitling pisze:
>> To answer 1. and 2.: In my case I would like to have exactly this! If
>> user A edits a question then changes should appear as soon as possible
>> on the display of user B. And for reducing memory consumption on bean
>> side I try to use only one question object for the crowd of users
>> working on it.
>
> I may repeat myself and seem to be boring but think over your
> approach, again. Do it before it's not too late ;-)

Well, I'll do. But I just have to know why I bark up the wrong tree. I
try to work in a kind of singleton pattern. Why having multiple question
objects if it's really only one. Why handle conflicts when I can prevent
them or at least minimize them?

> What you describe it's really anti-pattern and it can be labeled that
> way because it means troubles sooner or later, for sure. :-)

You didn't have a look at the design of the application currently in use
... provides nightmares ... ;-)

Good night, till next time*,
Florian

__