cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: (newbie) Query a given datasource from a javascript flow?
Date Fri, 11 May 2007 14:29:02 GMT
On 11.05.2007 15:15, ypomonh wrote:

> I'm searching an easy way to query a given datasource (defined in) from
> within a flow (javascript). Not using an ORM framework but even plain JDBC.
>
> Have tried to use
> org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.javascript.ScriptableConnection:
>

> importPackage(Packages.org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.javascript.ScriptableConnection);

>      var db = Database.getConnection("mydatasource");
>    var queryVal = cocoon.parameters["rid"];
>    var startRow = 0;
>    var maxRows = 100;
>
>     row = db.query("select * from report_parameter_map where report_id =
> ?", queryVal, startRow, maxRows);
>     print (row.rowCount);
>
> but get : "'Database' is not defined" ?
>
> Is there a simpler way to query a given datasource from within a flow
> (javascript)?

This stuff is only part of the petstore block and so probably rarely
used and even less documented. To make it work you can have a look into
the petstore samples. Following the flow script there you need to import
Database.js and not the ScriptableConnection directly:

cocoon.load("resource://org/apache/cocoon/components/flow/javascript/Database.js");

But I guess there are more standard ways to do it. Hadn't we a simple
JDBC scripting framework in Cocoon? IIRC Sylvain and Bertrand should
best. I hope they can help.

Joerg