cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Bruce Atherton <br...@callenish.com>
Subject Deploying coplets into other portlet containers
Date Fri, 11 May 2007 00:05:34 GMT
Does anyone have any documentation, tutorials, examples, or what have
you to show how to go about deploying a Cocoon application as a set of
coplets into a JSR168 portlet container that is not Cocoon?

I have a large application that uses Cocoon with a sitemap pipeline,
flowscript, CForms, Handlers, and so on. Up until now, Cocoon has
handled everything for me. But now I have a customer that wants to
deploy portions of my application into their own JSR168-compliant Portal.

I realize that I will have to rework the application a little to avoid
redirects, but my understanding is that changing Cocoon to work as
portlets is fairly straightforward for the most part. My problem is that
I am not sure where to begin. I'd like to deploy into Jetspeed, Jahia,
InfoGlue, and perhaps Gridsphere, but the examples I see in the Cocoon
samples all look to be directed at using Cocoon as the Portal rather
than portlets.

Thanks for any help.