cocoon-users mailing list archives

From ypomonh <ypom...@freemail.gr>
Subject Re: (newbiew) Determine program flow
Date Thu, 10 May 2007 21:41:37 GMT
Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
> SQL transformer is intended to be used in linear flows. I mean that
> you cannot choose pipeline execution depending on sql transformer
> result. You have two options:
> 1. Maintain your conditional processing in XSL file (produce content
> depending on result of sql transformer)
> 2. Use flowscript in conjunction with some library/framework for
> accessing DB. May it be Hibernate, JDBI or plain JDBC. For JDBI, take
> a look at Forms samples to see how to use it.
Grzegorz thank you very much for your helpful reply!

Last week I had the opportunity to get a hold of the book "Cocoon
Developer's Guide", where in Ch. 16 "Cocoon Interfaces: Databases", pg.
355 says:

    "Because actions can influence pipeline operation, by both what they
return and
    whether they return anything, they can be useful when th eresult of
a database
    operation can result in different pipeline processing."

    "A googd rule for database actions i sto use them either........, or
when the result
    of the database operations somehow will influence the pipeline."

I understand that this book was written before flows took of but is this
approach still advisable?

Thanks again for your time :)