cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AW: Enumerated datatype with selection lists.
Date Thu, 10 May 2007 15:13:07 GMT
Baptiste Placé pisze:
> Hi Grzegorz,
>
> The use of toString() / fromString() methods is actually suggested on
> the cocoon daisy (like here :
> http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs-forms/g1/forms/concepts/487.html).
> The usual 2.1 documentation does not mention it.
> Anyway, I quickly found the part where the name is given in the
> EnumSelectionList class and there is no trace of a declared toString()
> lookup. Latest trunk of 2.2 does not have it either. So this is not a
> bug :)
> I did not succeed in creating a patch, I may look again into it if I get
> some time.
> Shall I open an issue in Cocoon JIRA ?

The document you mentioned talks about toString() method in context of use "enum" datatype
and its convertor. To be honest, I have never
used enum datatypes and I have no idea how enum selectionlist + enum convertor would work.

If you have found that documentation/code has a mistake/bug feel free to create an issue at
any time.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski