cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <mailingli...@c-ware.de>
Subject Re: Authenticating pipelines called from a cron job
Date Wed, 09 May 2007 10:12:49 GMT
Hi Sanket,

do I understand you correct. You want your cronjob to execute an
external pipeline on the same cocoon instance the cron job is runing and
want to prevent external users from accessing the same pipeline
manually? Why not use an internal pipeline instead? You could create an
internal pipeline and har code authentication in this pipeline

            <map:pipeline internal-only="true">
                 <map:match pattern="some-cron-pipeline">
                    <map:act type="auth-login">
                       <map:parameter name="handler" value="authhandler"/>
                       <map:parameter name="parameter_username"
value="{request-param:username}"/>
                       <map:parameter name="parameter_password"
value="{request-param:password}"/>
                       <map:parameter name="session-timeout" value="540"/>
                       <map:act type="auth-protect">
                           <map:parameter name="handler"
value="authhandler"/>
                           <map:generate/>
                           <map:transform/>
                            <map:serialize/>
                       </map:act>
                    </map:act>
                </map:match>

Havent tested this thogh ...my CronJobs don't need authentication since
they are internal pipelines and I allways know who I am ;)

Chris