cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Baptiste Placé <>
Subject Re: Dynamic suggestion list
Date Thu, 03 May 2007 14:11:35 GMT
Dev at weitling a écrit :
> Hi Baptiste,
>> I would like to have a dynamic suggestion list, e.g. the content of
>> the list would be recovered from a database when the other fields of
>> the CForms are changed.
>> Is it possible for a widget to fire an event to the suggestion list
>> and then changing the content of the list ?
>> I just want to know if this is would take too much time for such a
>> feature.
> First please have a look at:
> According to the book "Cocoon 2 und Tomcat" from Stephan Niedermeier
> there is another way via a Java class extending
> org.apache.cocoon.forms.datatype.AbstractJavaSelectionList.
> Anyway, updating the selection list dynamically is not the problem. The
> tricky part is getting access to the underlying model.
> Any elegant ideas out there? (I need it, too :-)
> Florian
> For additional commands, e-mail:
Hi Florian,

Thanks for your answer !
About updating the list, do you mean using something like
<fd:selection-list src="cocoon:/mychoices.xml" dynamic="true"/> ?
Or is it about changing the <map:match pattern="_cocoon/forms/suggest">
part ?
I'm quite interested about this, as the only information I've found is
Christofer Dutz' idea

You are certainly right about the tricky part, I am querying my database
with java objects using Hibernate. Sessions are managed by the
flowscript and a servlet filter so I don't see any solution here :-(

- Baptiste Placé.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message