cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Al Brown <m...@lighttechnology.net>
Subject Re: using jena
Date Wed, 02 May 2007 23:58:57 GMT
Askild Aaberg Olsen wrote:
> Al Brown wrote:
>> I'm trying to  use the latest version of jena in an xsp. I thought I
>> could just remove the jena-2.1.jar and replace it with the jar from
>> jena 2.5.2 in .../cocoon/WEB-INF/lib directory and restart tomcat
>> server.
>>
>> It did not work.
>>
> <snip/>
>> I'm new to both cocoon and jena.
>>
> I've been using Jena with Cocoon without problems, so it's definitely
> possible. If i remember correctly, Jena is included with the
> Deli-block. You probably should make sure that this block is excluded
> from the build.
>
> You should also check that the error you get is actually a result of
> you replacing jena.jar. If not, this is another issue that should be
> resolved before you continue.
>
> Askild
> -
Thanks, its good to know that I'm not alone.

I have part of my code working. I can open a prebuilt  repoistory and
create a model.
When I go to run a query it fails. I have checked the version number, at
runtime, and I'm using the jena that came with cocoon.
It seems to not use my java classpath at all.
I have look in the jena-2.1.jar and it is a lot different than the one
that came with jena-2.5.2

I will try to reconfirm that I have a problem switching jena. I assume
that you are using what came with cocoon. Are you doing any sparql querries?

Al