cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Lally Singh" <lally.si...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Component with 'org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.Interpreter/javascript' is not defined
Date Fri, 04 May 2007 21:28:27 GMT
On 5/2/07, Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakowski@apache.org> wrote:
> Lally Singh napisaƂ(a):
> > Hey all, sorry for posting so many questions to the list (I'm having
> > so man problems getting anything to work, ugh!).
>
> No problem. I'm glad that you try trunk version.
>
> > I've been getting this one for a few days:
> > org.apache.avalon.framework.service.ServiceException: Component with
> > 'org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.Interpreter/javascript' is not
> > defined in this service manager. (Key='AvalonServiceManager')
> >        at
> > org.apache.cocoon.core.container.spring.avalon.AvalonServiceManager.lookup(AvalonServiceManager.java:57)
> >
> >        at
> > org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.FlowNode.service(FlowNode.java:60)
> >
> >        at
> > org.apache.cocoon.components.LifecycleHelper.setupComponent(LifecycleHelper.java:152)

> > When I'm running mvn jetty:run and hitting http://localhost:8888
> >
> > It's still the demo flowscript from the archetype block, my work's
> > focused on infrastructure and a simple xsp to test that.
>
> What's the version of archetype and Maven you use? It's seems that it's problem with
some missing dependencies but I
> cannot help without details.
Latest version I could find, maven 2.0.6

I updated my POMs from the latest archetypes, and that error went
away, replaced with a few others.  I got through a few of them, only
stuck on a NullPointerException in Spring :-(

Btw, the newest archetype poms don't have version #s in them, and
maven just spits them out.

2007-05-04 16:27:56.439::WARN:  Nested in
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Unable
to read spring configurations from classpath*:META-INF/cocoon/spring;
nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException:
Unexpected exception parsing XML document from URL
[jar:file:/Users/lally/Work/School/GRA/IDDL/New_System/iddl_svn/ratlee/meval/trunk/whole/cocoonapp/target/cocoonapp-1.0-SNAPSHOT/WEB-INF/lib/qgenerator-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar!/META-INF/cocoon/spring/block.xml];
nested exception is java.lang.NullPointerException:
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.decorateIfRequired(BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.java:1142)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.decorateBeanDefinitionIfRequired(BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.java:1132)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.processBeanDefinition(DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.java:237)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.parseDefaultElement(DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.java:151)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.parseBeanDefinitions(DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.java:130)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.registerBeanDefinitions(DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.java:90)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.registerBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:458)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.doLoadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:353)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:303)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:280)
        at org.apache.cocoon.spring.configurator.impl.AbstractSettingsElementParser.handleImport(AbstractSettingsElementParser.java:197)
        at org.apache.cocoon.spring.configurator.impl.AbstractSettingsElementParser.handleBeanInclude(AbstractSettingsElementParser.java:187)
        at org.apache.cocoon.spring.configurator.impl.AbstractSettingsElementParser.parse(AbstractSettingsElementParser.java:145)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.NamespaceHandlerSupport.parse(NamespaceHandlerSupport.java:69)

--
H. Lally Singh
Ph.D. Candidate, Computer Science