cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Aseem Monga" <a.mo...@mpstechnologies.com>
Subject RE: Batch processing of XML documents
Date Tue, 29 May 2007 08:29:04 GMT
Derek, Thanks for your prompt reply.

Let me try and explain what we want to do.

We need to develop a generic pluggable components based framework, in which
different XML processors can be arranged in a pluggable and configurable
manner, generating intermediate XML or XMLs, for specific sections of a web
page like one each for Figures, Tables, Abstract, Full Text, Book TOCs etc.
Then XSL can be applied to create html pages creating an aggregated view.

A java/jaxp based framework can do for this, but we came across cocoon
because of pipeline framework and It is mentioned in Cocoon documentation
that apart from dynamic page generation, cocoon can be used for generating
the static pages offline using the command line interface.

These are some of the reasons that we looked at cocoon. Please suggest
cocoon's viability in this scenario!!

Thanks,

Aseem

  _____