cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: authentication through http basic and authentication framework
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2007 10:38:52 GMT

> Hello,
>
> I have application that uses authentication framework and now I'm
> needing also http basic authentication to it. Question is, do I need
> to implement separate authentication framework for http basic or can
> I make authentication framework to somehow work with 2 different
> types of authentications?
>
> I'm trying to create Webdav server (http basic authentication) using
> cocoon and also give good access to same repository through browser
> interface (form authentication).

why different through cocoon and through browser interface? Cocoon can also deliver the latter.

Anyway, through browser, you can just let user submit a form and store the httpState in user
session in cocoon.
Without a browser login/form you can create your own component in cocoon that holds the httpState.

We use slide as webdav server.

- We have a cms (cocoon app actually) where via a login an httpState is created
- We use cocoon apps for frontend, were based on hostname, a httpState is created

Think this is more or less what you want. Here [1], you have an example of site using this
mechanism.

If you have questions let me know

[1] http://www.hippocms.org/display/CMS/The+Simple+Site+Sample
[2] http://svn.hippocms.org/repos/hippo/hippo-site-skeleton/trunk/