cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Jeroen Reijn" <j.re...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: raster (jpeg, png) graphics in Batik SVG rasterizer under Cocoon
Date Sun, 01 Apr 2007 21:22:44 GMT
Hi Wendell,

could you perhaps elaborate on the version of Cocoon which you are using?
Maybe the operating system helps as well. I've been using the batik rasterizer and transformation
to jpgs with Cocoon for quite some time and never had problems with it. I've been using Cocoon
2.1.6 and 2.1.8 while doing that.

Regards,

Jeroen Reijn

-----Original Message-----
From: Wendell Piez [mailto:wapiez@mulberrytech.com]
Sent: Sunday, April 01, 2007 11:05 PM
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: raster (jpeg, png) graphics in Batik SVG rasterizer under
Cocoon

Hi,

When serving SVGs with Cocoon, if I call a jpeg or PNG image into an
SVG file and the Cocoon sitemap is configured to deliver them, I can
see them just fine in the SVG in a browser. But when I pass the same
SVG through Batik's rasterizer under Cocoon to make a jpeg (or png),
the jpeg or png fails to be included, instead showing me a nice but
alarming placeholder image. (I can arrange for examples on request,
and/or show my sitemap.)

When I run Batik standalone (as a client) and point them to the SVGs
(being delivered by Cocoon), it behaves just like any SVG browser,
displaying the jpeg or PNG and even offering me the rasterize
functionality. It's when it's running on the server that it doesn't work.

Does anyone have any hints as to whether (and how) it's possible to
get Batik to resolve and include these images when rasterizing under Cocoon?

Regards,
Wendell