cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "bart remmerie" <remme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: googlemail ssl via SendMailTransformer
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2007 13:19:43 GMT
I've been taking a look at this lately.
Javamail 1.4 supports TLS authentication (which is required for gmail).  See
the SSL-notes in their bundle (at the bottom of this mail).

Basically (in my thoughts) it should be enough to get
mail.smtp.starttls.enable=true
into the properties

to test it quick and dirty, I added the following line of code
properties.put("mail.smtp.starttls.enable","true");
to the initSession() method in the MailMessageSender class

Unfortunately, it didn't seem to work.
BUT, I'm convinced that some cocoon-mail expert could find a quick solution
!!

Regards,
Bart

"JavaMail now supports accessing mail servers over connections secured
using SSL or TLS.  To simplify such access, three new protocols have
been added.  In addition to the non-SSL JavaMail protocols "imap",
"pop3", and "smtp", the protocols "imaps", "pop3s", and "smtps" can
be used to connect to the corresponding services using an SSL
connection.

-- STARTTLS support

The STARTTLS support is available in the standard "imap" and "smtp"
protocols, but must be enabled by setting the appropriate property,
mail.imap.starttls.enable or mail.smtp.starttls.enable, to "true".
When set, if the server supports the STARTTLS command, it will be
used after making the connection and before sending any login
information."