cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <mailingli...@c-ware.de>
Subject Re: Adobe Flex(MXML)/Flash apps via Cocoon?
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2007 06:41:48 GMT
Hi Lincoln,

interesting news :)

I allready thought of building a Cocoon Flex Serializer and had a look
at the flex compilers code in order to be inspired. Unfortunately It was
far to complex to do this at home, after work. And there were some
leagal doubts preventing me from continuing after a first courious look.

I would guess, that a Apache integration would be nothing else than a
servlet configured to handle flex source files and compile them to swfs.

You could simply generate flex source files dynamically and let the Flex
servlet serve the content. The other way would be to ... well ... have a
look at the code and create your own component. The problem is, that I
doubt having a component like this would be legal, because it reqires
decompiling the servlets code and AFAIK this is BAD.

If I am wrong with this (Decompiling beeing bad or the code is freely
available), please correct me, It would certainly reignite my effort to
creating a FlexSerializer.

Christofer