cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jason Johnston <coc...@lojjic.net>
Subject Re: Building NekoHTML on Unix?
Date Sun, 08 Apr 2007 16:31:13 GMT
Rich Morin wrote:
> Thanks; that's useful information.  Looking at
>
>   .../cocoon-2.1.10/INSTALL.txt
>
> I see that
>
>   Blocks provide services that you might not need,
>   therefore the build system allows you to remove
>   them from the build.
>
> This seems to imply that the default build includes
> (pretty much) everything.  So, I may already have
> the html block in place.  However, a quick look at
>
>   .../cocoon-2.1.10/build.properties
>
> doesn't tell me whether this is the case.  Pending
> further feedback, I'll assume that this is so.
>

> Getting back to the question of the samples that
> Bertrand linked me to, I'm still unable to get to
> any useful information there.  Specifically,
>
>   http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/demos/release/samples/blocks/html/welcome
>
> contains several links labeled "Cocoon News Website".
> The one under "NekoHTMLGenerator" takes me to
>
> http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/demos/release/samples/blocks/html/apache-neko

OK, stop here.  This page IS the live sample.  In the background, Cocoon
is grabbing the HTML from http://cocoon.apache.org/news, feeding that to
the NekoHTMLGenerator, transforming it with an XSLT stylesheet, and
serializing as XHTML.  You can see this in the sitemap for that sample:

<map:match pattern="apache-neko">
    <map:generate type="nekohtml" src="http://cocoon.apache.org/news"/>
    <map:transform src="stylesheets/apache-no-namespace.xsl"/>
    <map:serialize type="xhtml"/>
</map:match>

The rest of the samples behave similarly; check out the sitemap.xmap
from the html block's samples (under src/blocks/html/samples in the
Cocoon source code) for the rest.