cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: raster (jpeg, png) graphics in Batik SVG rasterizer under Cocoon
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2007 06:51:03 GMT
On 02.04.2007 22:52, Wendell Piez wrote:

>> can it be just a problem of source resolving? PDF and JPG/PNG
>> serializers suffered from the lack of being able to resolve relative
>> paths for ages. This was only recently fixed in the FOP NG block on
>> trunk for PDF, but I don't know of any fix for Batik.
>
> Marc, are you implying that if I use absolute URIs that'll work? Worth a
> try, for sure. (And something I should have thought of. :-)

Absolute URIs should work without any problem.

The actual problem with old FOP was the integration in Cocoon - or more
specific the injection of Cocoon's source resolver into FOP. This was of
particular interest when you wanted to include dynamically generated
images from another Cocoon pipeline.

If it is easier for Batik to inject Cocoon's source resolver or even
easier to just set the base URI - I have no idea and have never tried to
investigate it. Including other resources was more often a need with FOP
than with Batik.

Regards
Joerg