cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Lally Singh" <lally.si...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: URLs in blocks?
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2007 21:13:56 GMT
On 4/9/07, Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakowski@apache.org> wrote:
> Lally Singh napisaƂ(a):
> > On 4/6/07, Alexander Klimetschek <alexander.klimetschek@mindquarry.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > Thanks!  In either the  block: or servlet schemes, what'd I use for a
> > connection name? my own block name?
> >
> > Also, where do I get a configured instance of CocoonSourceResolver?
> >
> > Thanks again for your help,
> >

> Sorry for delay, I've been little busy.
> I wonder if using servlet scheme isn't little overkill? Is this data going to be generated
by Cocoon's pipeline or you
> want just to read some configuration file?
> I guess it will be just static file, then you should put it either in META-INF subdirectory
or somewhere in COB-INF. If
> you put it in COB-INF then you can just omit scheme and reference resource by using relative
to COB-INF directory path.
> I'm not sure how to read data from META-INF directories.
>
> If you use servlet scheme and want to reference resource in your block then you should
not provide any name of connection.

> Getting CocoonSourceResolver is the same like getting instances of other Spring beans.
I'm not sure about exact bean id,
> but will tell you as soon as I find out.

Wonderful!  A static text file is all I needed, and I put it in
COB-INF.  As for the spring beans, are the standard cocoon bean names
listed in
/core/cocoon-core/src/main/resources/org/apache/cocoon/cocoon.roles
? (I'm assuming some sort of avalon to Spring bridge)

It's the only document in the SVN I could find with that text string.