cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: googlemail ssl via SendMailTransformer
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2007 06:37:52 GMT
On Tue, Apr 17, 2007 at 08:58:57AM +0200, bart remmerie wrote:
> I've finally got it working.
> You just need to get the properties set right (but if you surf the net, you
> will find a lot of different configurations to get gmail up and running)
>
> The configuration that works for me is the following (unlike Jeff's example
> ?!)

Yes, my apologies, mine doesn't work (though I'm sure it did once in the past).
This is now working for me:

  <Resource name="mail/GmailSmtpServer"
    auth="Container"
    type="javax.mail.Session"
    mail.smtp.host="smtp.gmail.com"
    mail.smtp.port="465"
    mail.smtp.auth="true"
    mail.smtp.user="myusername@gmail.com"
    password="mypassword"
    mail.smtp.starttls.enable="true"
    mail.smtp.socketFactory.class="javax.net.ssl.SSLSocketFactory"
  />

It uses TLS, same as yours, but I find specifying mail.smtp.socketFactory.class
necessary, otherwise JavaMail hangs reading the response.

--Jeff