cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Wendell Piez <wap...@mulberrytech.com>
Subject raster (jpeg, png) graphics in Batik SVG rasterizer under Cocoon
Date Sun, 01 Apr 2007 21:05:26 GMT
Hi,

When serving SVGs with Cocoon, if I call a jpeg or PNG image into an
SVG file and the Cocoon sitemap is configured to deliver them, I can
see them just fine in the SVG in a browser. But when I pass the same
SVG through Batik's rasterizer under Cocoon to make a jpeg (or png),
the jpeg or png fails to be included, instead showing me a nice but
alarming placeholder image. (I can arrange for examples on request,
and/or show my sitemap.)

When I run Batik standalone (as a client) and point them to the SVGs
(being delivered by Cocoon), it behaves just like any SVG browser,
displaying the jpeg or PNG and even offering me the rasterize
functionality. It's when it's running on the server that it doesn't work.

Does anyone have any hints as to whether (and how) it's possible to
get Batik to resolve and include these images when rasterizing under Cocoon?

Regards,
Wendell