cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Lincoln Mitchell" <linc...@interfaces-n-creatives.com>
Subject Adobe Flex(MXML)/Flash apps via Cocoon?
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2007 03:06:14 GMT
Hi all,

Adobe has recently released a beta "Flex Module for Apache and IIS"
http://labs.adobe.com/wiki/index.php/Flex_Module_for_Apache_and_IIS

Snippet from site:
"The Flex module for Apache and Microsoft IIS provides web-tier compilation
of MXML and ActionScript files on Apache and IIS web servers. This module
lets you rapidly compile, test and deploy an application by simply
requesting the main application file from a web browser..."

Now MXML is XML. The format served to the browser is Flash/SWF. So this is
about creating Flash based Rich Internet Applications from XML.

I am wondering if it's use on the Apache server means we could see it become
available one day in Apache Cocoon.

I don't know much about the Apache server, and I assume Flex applications
generation via MXML would be vastly more powerful in Cocoon rather than
Apache server.

Any thoughts, anyone?

Linc