cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Warrell" <warr...@iquo.co.uk>
Subject DynamicSelectionList filter parameter
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2007 10:32:30 GMT
Hi,

Can anyone shed a bit more light on how to user the filter parameter? The
documentation states :-

This list is filterable, and if a filter is provided, the "filter" parameter
is appended to the URL, e.g. <fd:selection-list
src="cocoon://pipeline.xml"/>  will call, given the "foo" filter value, the
URL cocoon://pipeline.xml?filter=foo.

Where do I specify the parameter value? What I would like to do is :-

In the Template form define the selection list as

	<fd:field id="sourcecode" required="true">
		<fd:label>Source Code:</fd:label>
	      <fd:datatype base="string"/>
	      <fd:selection-list src="cocoon:/sources" cache="request"/>
	</fd:field>

Then in the Instance form do something like :-

	<ft:widget id="sourcecode">
		<filter>${team}</filter>
	</ft:widget>

So that in the sitemap I can do :-

	<map:match pattern="sources">
		<map:generate src="teams.xml"/>
		<map:transform src="filterTeamsToSL.xsl">
			<map:parameter name="team"
value="{request-param:filter}"/>
		</map:transform>
		<map:serialize type="xml"/>
	</map:match>

Is this how it's supposed to work? I will take another look at the Java
source but any help would be very welcome,

Regards

Warrell