cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Jonas Lundberg" <my.name.is.h...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: BLOG via Cocoon?
Date Sat, 10 Mar 2007 15:00:02 GMT
Hi,
yes, I have implemented a blog system, but it still has performance
issues that makes it less... nice... at the moment. It is implemented
in Cocoon/eXist.

I have described my approach in a paper, that you can read here:
http://www.ida.liu.se/~jonlu/publications/permalink-207.htm
(My home page at that site (not the entire site) is also done in my
blog system.)

There are two issues with Cocoon that I have not been able to resolve,
that makes it less ideal for XML based web sites in general, and for
my system in particular:
1. It is extremely difficult to import XML from other sites into
Cocoon, since one cannot just use an ordinary pipeline (the other site
might be down, with unfortunate consequences). Imported XML is nice to
have in blogs, to present information from elsewhere.

2. One cannot use time that the server is idle to execute pipelines
that do some cleanup tasks - all pipelines seem to start with a
request, not with the lack of a request. But that might be outside the
scope of Cocoon.

I might be wrong on both points. In fact, I wouldn't mind being wrong
about it...

Hans