cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: XHTML Serialization error
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2007 08:41:20 GMT
On 3/14/07, Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heinicke@gmx.de> wrote:

> ...What's the status on this? I got the feeling that such spaces are no
> longer a problem in the Java world (but avoided them though)...

Same here, I'm working in multi-platform environments all the time,
and "unsafe" filenames are bound to cause problems at some point
(like, once you have forgotten that you have them) even though
officially they should be ok.

It's even worse in countries like mine where people tend to put
accented characters in filenames.

Last time I remember actually seeing such a problem was with the JEdit
editor (or one of its plugins), so I'm sure it's not only Cocoon
that's at fault.

-Bertrand